This year marks five years in the digital marketing and advertising space. When I first began advertising, it felt like the wild west! Everyone was rushing to make quick, big wins. Of course, those methods did not stand the test of time because they weren’t committed to life-long value to the customer.
Now I encounter business owners who have the deep sense that they should be doing more online, with their social media and website, but they aren’t sure where to start. If you are in this boat, stalled for growth online, here are three missteps you can avoid to attract new business.
- Omitting big “wins” Did your firm land a whopper of a deal that you can discuss? Did your company work on a project that would have name recognition in your community?
- Omitting Testimonials from customers. Your customer testimonials are very powerful. They provide “social proof,” which is essential when you are marketing your business online. If your previous customers have given you permission to use them, you can use these in both your marketing and advertising. We do quite a bit of white label advertising for marketing firms, so we can’t include a lot of our work, but you can see some of our testimonials here.
- Not including spontaneous posts that reveal the heart of the company. Every company has a specific personality, and yours should come through clearly with your website and marketing. Companies that are able to grow with social media have figured out how to communicate the company “personality.”
So let’s do this, let’s rock out your marketing and advertising to grow your business.
Here are three action steps to get you on the right track:
- Make sure to include this on your website, and if possible, in your marketing.
- Create a page on your website specifically for testimonials.
- Create one spontaneous post today and post it to Facebook.
Post your progress in the comments below.