Advertising on Facebook can be a game-changer for a business owner.
Where once you had to invest in Yellow Page ads or billboards, you can now test your ideas on your market easily and inexpensively with Facebook ads. If you are looking to grow your fan base or generate more online traffic for your business here is what I recommend:
For More Fans
- Be Consistent. This one is the most difficult for me. I don’t like to schedule my own posts or content, and I like for it to feel energetic and spontaneous. This is a mistake on Facebook. So post here daily.
- Post Interesting Images. Social media is strongly visual. If you can’t pay to have a designer, invest in understanding design.
- Advertise to your Email List. For established brick and mortar businesses, many have a strong email list, but do not have huge social media numbers. You can create a custom audience within Facebook, and advertise to your current customers. You can create a small “Like” campaign or promote your posts.
For More Traffic to an Offer
- Create an interesting ad for your Fans. You can simply promote an offer to your fans with a great ad.
- Create an interesting ad for your Email list. This will be a much warmer crowd than pitching your offer to complete strangers.
- Use New Ad Formats. Video ads, slides as video ads, carousel link ads–they are all intriguing and will perform better than traditional ads in most cases. Strive to make a personal connection–whether you can use video testimonials or carousel link ads with testimonials–let people see the faces behind the business.
Where are you struggling with Facebook Ads? Post your questions below, and I am happy to help!